Call For Papers
NolaCon is soliciting papers and presentations for the 4th annual NolaCon to be held in New Orleans, LA the weekend of May 19-21, 2017.
Why speak at NolaCon?
1. Free admission to the Con
2. We take care of our speakers!
For each 40-45 minute talk, we will provide compensation for 2 nights in the conference hotel ($189/night x 2 nights == $378 applied towards your hotel bill).
For each 20 minute talk, we will provide compensation for 1 nights in the conference hotel ($189/night x 1 night == $189 applied towards your hotel bill).
3. New Orleans is great.
4. Special speaker party!
5. The music of New Orleans
6. The food of New Orleans
We will have 3 rounds of notification for our CFP:
• Call for Papers Opens: October 4, 2016
• Round 1 Notifications: January 8th, 2017 (we are still taking papers after this!!! This is just a notification for those who did submit)
• Round 2 Notifications: February 12th, 2017
• Round 3 Notifications: March 12th, 2017
• NolaCon: May 19-21, 2017
Talks should be:
40-45 minutes with 5-10 minutes for questions, totaling 50 minutes.
20-25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions, totaling 25 minutes.
Each submission should contain:
1. Title of Presentation
2. Presenter(s) Name
3. Abstract of your presentation, please limit to 200 words or less
4. Bio, please limit to 100 words total, for you OR your group (not 100 words per person)
5. Is your company paying for your hotel? If so we will consider them a sponsor and list them on the sponsors page!!
The CFP for 2017 is now closed! Thanks to all that submitted!